- 2 lbs peeled and deveined shrimp (21-25 ct) 1 quart heavy cream
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper 1 tablespoon thyme
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms 1 tablespoons basil
- 1 cup chopped purple onion 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups artichoke hearts 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups white wine 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 cup olive oil 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 stick butter ½ cup flour
Fireroaster Bar B Que Salmon with Grilled Baby Bok Choy Salad
|2 lb||Baby bok Choy, halved|
|1||Bunch scallions, bulbs removed, sliced and reserved|
|½||Cup roasted red bell pepper|
|½||Cup water chestnuts, julienned|
|10||Grilled Salmon filets|
|1||Cup rice wine vinegar|
|2||Tsp sesame seed oil|
|¼||cup vegetable oil|
|1||Cup fresh ginger, minced|
|1||Tbsp garlic, chopped|
|¼||Cup soy sauce|
|1||Tbsp jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped|
|On a preheated char grill mark baby bok choy on both sides, Be careful not to leave it on too long, you don’t want it to cook fully. Set aside;
Next, char your scallions, remove from the grill and rough chop and set aside;
Combine both of these with the red bell peppers and water chestnuts in a bowl.
In a high speed blender, emulsify remaining liquid ingredients with sugar.
Fold in remaining ingredients, along with reserved sliced scallion bulbs.
Cook the salmon filets as directed.
Next, toss your salad ingredients with the vinaigrette.
Place 1 cup of the dressed salad on the plate with 1 salmon filet atop.
Serve with a side of steamed rice.
Garlic Roasted Chicken with Gravy
|1||(3½ pound) chicken|
|4||fresh rosemary sprigs|
|4||fresh thyme sprigs|
|6||garlic cloves, peeled|
|1||cup Basic Chicken Stock or low sodium chicken broth|
|2||tablespoons fresh lemon juice|
|3||tablespoon dry white wine|
|1||shallot, finely chopped|
|1/4||teaspoon dried sage|
Preheat the oven to 400˚F; spray the rack of a roasting pan with nonstick spray. Remove the chicken giblets and neck from body cavity; refrigerate or freeze for another use. Rinse the chicken under cold running water inside and out; pat dry.
Place the lemon, onion, rosemary, thyme, and 5 of the garlic cloves in the body cavity. Place the chicken, breast side up, on the rack in the roasting pan. Roast 30 minutes; pour the broth and lemon juice over the chicken. Reduce the oven temperature to 325˚F. Roast, basting frequently, until cooked through and the juices run clear when the thigh is pierced in the thickest part, and an instant read thermometer inserted in the thigh registers 180˚F, about 1 hour longer. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board; let stand 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, mince the remaining garlic clove. Pour the pan juices into a medium saucepan, skimming off any fat and reserving 1 tablespoon of the juices in a small bowl. Dissolve the cornstarch in the reserved juices. Add the wine, minced garlic, shallot, sage, salt, and water to the saucepan; bring to a boil and boil 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and whisk in the dissolved cornstarch; cook, stirring constantly, until the gravy thickens, about 1 minute. Remove the lemon, onion, and herbs from the cavity and discard; carve the chicken and serve with the gravy. Remove the skin before eating.
Makes 4 Servings
Burgers with Mozzarella and Spinach-Arugula Pesto
|8||ounces baby spinach leaves (about 10 cups packed)|
|2||garlic cloves, peeled|
|1/2||teaspoon (packed) finely grated lemon peel|
|large pinch of dried crushed red pepper|
|4||cups (packed) fresh arugula leaves, divided (about 5 ounces)|
|3||tablespoons pine nuts|
|1||teaspoon fresh lemon juice|
|1/3||cup extra virgin olive oil|
|3||tablespoons (packed) freshly grated Parmesan cheese|
|1¾||pounds ground beef (20% fat)|
|1/2||teaspoon ground black pepper|
|6||hamburger buns, split horizontally|
|6||1/3 inch thick slices fresh mozzarella cheese (about 10 ounces)|
|2||large beefsteak tomatoes, cut into ¼ inch thick rounds|
- Rinse spinach; drain briefly, then place in large glass bowl.
- Microwave spinach, uncovered, on high just until wilted, 1 to 1½ minutes.
- Drain and squeeze out as mush liquid as possible.
- Combine garlic, lemon peel and crushed red pepper in processor; blend until garlic is finely chopped.
- Add spinach, 2 cups (packed) arugula, pine nuts, and lemon juice; process until coarse puree forms.
- With machine running, gradually add oil in thin stream and blend until almost smooth. Mix in cheese.
- Transfer pesto to small bowl; season with salt. (It can be made 6 hours ahead. Cover; chill)
- Combine ground beef, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and 6 tablespoons spinach-arugula pesto in large bowl; mix lightly with fingertips or for just until incorporated.
- Form meat mixture into six 3/4 inch thick patties. Place patties on platter.
- (Beef patties can be made 6 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Grill burgers top desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Grill buns, cut side down, just until lightly toasted, about 1 minute.
- Build burgers with pesto, patties, mozzarella, cheese, tomatoes and arugula.
- Cover with bun tops.